Past Conferences and courses
Information about past events
Please Contact Nigel Lipton for documentation of previous conferences, in-house courses and workshops.
- "The Biological Passport - A New Era In The Fight Against Doping?"
- "Sporting Mega-Trends: What Next For Sports Law?"
- "(1) The UEFA 6&5 Rule", "(2) The Proposed Financial FIFA Fair Play Rules"
- "How Much Protection From The Paparazzi Can Celebrity Sportsmen And Sportswomen Expect From The Law?"
- "Sports Tribunals And Regulatory Bodies: Tips And Tactics"
- "Anti-Doping Regulations - Lacuna & Tripwires"
- "Moving forward from the but for test in the recent case of Bonnington Castyns v Wardlaw"
- "Periodical payments after the Court of Appeal decision in Thompstone"
- "General update on Personal Injury Cases"
"The objective of the course is to examine in detail all the above issues that need to be considered and dealt with when dealing with a civil litigation costs recovery. The course is aimed at solicitors, barristers, legal executives and paralegals involved in such matters."
- "Police Powers Over The Person Including Arrest And Detention"
- "Civil Actions Against The Police - Dealing With Damages"
- "Lawful Justifications For Entry, Search And Seizure"
- "An Overview Of The Jury Trial In Civil Actions Against The Police"
- "Miscarriages Of Justice: The Psychological Effects"
- "Liability For Information Provided To The Police"
- "Settling International Sports Business Disputes by ADR"
- "Protecting A Sportsman's Privacy After Max Mosley"
- "The Anti-Ambush Manual - A Discussion On How To Protect Against Ambush Marketing"
- "Match Fixing And The Anti-Corruption Code In Tennis"
- "Regulations Have To Be Workable To Be Respected. A Lesson In A Missed Opportunity.
The FA Agents Regulations September 2007 And Where It Has All Gone Wrong."
- "The World Anti-Doping Code – A Legal Minefield For Athletes And Sports Bodies"
- "Developments In Copyright And Like Rights"
- "Protecting IP Rights Under English Common Law And European Continental Law:
'Passing Off' And 'Unfair Competition' Compared"
- "Licensing On Digital Platforms - A Practical Guide"
- "Adwords, Keywords And Metatags: Trade Mark Infringement ... Or Not?"
- "Privacy: Before And After Max Mosley"
- "Celebrity - Its Uses And Abuses"
- "The Audiovisual Media Services Directive: How This Will Impact On Traditional Television Broadcasting And The On Demand World"
- "The EU White Paper On Sport: Its Legal And Practical Implications"
- "Private Information About Sports Stars – How Far Is It Really Respected And Protected?"
- "Sponsorship: An Overview Of The Key Legal Issues"
- "Ambush Marketing: Criminal Offence or Free Enterprise?"
- "The Equality Act 2006 And The Opportunities For Sport"
- "Current Regulatory Issues In Sport"
- "Legal And Practical Challenges Of WADA Code Compliance"
- Developments In Copyright And Like Rights
- "Maintaining The Status Quo". Record Royalties - Protecting The Right To Your Share
- Hot Topics in Advertising Law
- Privacy Intrusion, Harassment And Resort To Subterfuge - The Current State Of Play In Press Regulation
- Where Football, Law And The Media Collide - A Look At Recent Legal Developments
Sport And The Law - The 2007 Conference (Wednesday 16th May 2007)
- "The WADA Code - Past, Presence and Future"
- "The Regulation Of Sports Bodies Following The ECJ Decision In Meca-Medina"
- "Effective Reputation And Brand Protection"
- "Sporting Goods And Services: The Free Movement Of Goods And Services In The EC"
- "Restraint Of Trade In Sport - An Update"
- "Legal Restrictions on Sports Marketing"
- "Recent Developments In Copyright And Performers' Rights"
- "On Your Marks": A Review Of Recent Legal Developments Relating To Trade Marks, Trade Names And Brands
- "Database Rights"
- "Contracts: The Overlap Between Sport And The Media"
- "TV Formats - An Update On Protection And Disputes"
- "Regulating The Press Without A Press Complaints Commission - The Prospect Explored"
Sport And The Law - The 2006 Conference (Thursday 18th May 2006)
- Protecting And Exploiting Sports Image Rights,
- Media Issues in Sport,
- Disciplinary Hearings In Sports,
- Dispute Resolution In Sport,
- The Courts Jurisdiction To Review The Decisions Of Sporting Disciplinary Tribunals,
- London 2012 - Sport At Heart,
- Recent Cases Of Interest In Sports Law,
- Regulating the Integrity of Sport.
- Image Wrongs - Causes Of Action For Misappropriation
- Copyrights And Copywrongs
- Rights In Performances
- The New EC Enforcement Directive In IP Matters And How It Might Affect Current English Procedural Law
- Private Worlds And Public Figures: The Legal And The Self-Regulatory Options
- Making The Most Of Sponsorship
Sport And The Law - The 2005 Conference (Tuesday 17th May 2005)
- Protecting And Exploiting Sports Image Rights
- Media Issues in Sport
- Disciplinary Hearings In Sports
- Dispute Resolution In Sport
- The Courts Jurisdiction To Review The Decisions Of Sporting Disciplinary Tribunals
- London 2012 - Sport At Heart
- Recent Cases Of Interest In Sports Law
- Regulating the Integrity of Sport
The conference was aimed at media, entertainment and intellectual property lawyers, newspaper/ magazine editorial personnel and journalists, radio/ television broadcasters and presenters, and all other executives who work in the media, entertainment, intellectual property or internet field. The objective of the conference was to examine in detail the most important and topical legal issues which are of concern to those with an interest in media, entertainment and intellectual property law.